Truth was included in this round-up which has lots of other reading you should check out too. Thanks again Traci for including my short story. Very much appreciated. 🙂
fantasy, woman, destruction
- https://libraryoferana.wordpress.com/2018/02/04/dirty-dozen-and-returning-author-interview-andrew-p-weston-sci-fi/ The science fiction slot is filled with the IX Series, detailing the trials and tribulations of the legendary lost 9thLegion of Rome who marched into the mists of Caledonia in circa 100AD and were never seen again. Needless to say, they didn’t just disappear, and the series has grown into something of a gem.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2018/02/happy-release-day-new-novel-from-janice.html Grace Harper has spent her life on the run, ever since her mother’s unnatural death at the hands of creatures that shouldn’t be real. It’s hard to believe in vampires, but the things chasing her fit every legend she’s ever heard. She dubs them “Pretty Boys,” though their beautiful faces hide ugly appetites.
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/02/09/rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt-alisonw_editor-reviews-fantasy-keepers-by-sacha_black/ This is the first in the Eden East Novels series and the first of the author’s novels. Eden is a Fallon – a royal Keeper whose role it is…
View original post 1,888 more words
Reality TV. I grew up watching it from I was about 10 and I watch lots of shows like The X Factor, Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing With The Stars, I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! etc … so yeah, that would be my guilty pleasure.
Last series you found yourself addicted to?
It was the last series’ of X Factor, I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! and Strictly Come Dancing. Now it’s Celebrity Big Brother, Dancing With The Stars in Ireland and Dancing On Ice. It’s the Reality TV seasons at the mo. I do watch other types of show during the year though! 🙂
What is one thing you don’t think you could live without?
My family who I love to bits and would be lost without.
If you could travel to the past, what would be an era you would like to live in?
The 60s or 70s because I love the music from those decades and the clothes and the way freedom was beginning in those times. I would probably have been involved in protests! 🙂
iPhone, Samsung, Android, or something else?
Probably just a phone and a computer. I’m not technologically savvy outside of that.
First album/CD you remember owning/buying?
The first single I had was Westlife’s version of Uptown Girl which my Dad purchased for me when I was a kid. Soon after the first single I purchased myself was Shakira’s Whenever, Wherever.
What was your day like?
I’ve had the flu so it’s been up and down! But I did win 25 Euros in the bookies so that was good.
If today was your last day, how would you live it?
I’d spend it with my family. And I’d probably spend it not caring too much. I think we all care more than we should about the future and stuff at times and if it was the last day I’d probably not worry about anything.
Out of all 50 states, pick one you would travel to and a reason why you picked it.
California, San Francisco particularly. I think it’s known as a place of freedom and has a lot of history.
Fantasy or Sci-Fi? What would you rather watch/read?
I recently started reading the Damon Snow series and other fantasy books by Olivia Helling. But I also was a huge Torchwood fan when I was younger. But in general my favourite genres are mysteries and romance.
I am nominating the following blogs because I want to show that I appreciate their work but they are under no obligation to accept and/or complete the questions.
- What is the latest book you’re reading and are you enjoying it?
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Other?
- What is your favourite word and why?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Is there any song that holds any special meaning to you?
- What do you feel strongly about?
- If you could grant one person in your life one wish, what would it be?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your favourite book?
- Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions?
Thank you so much to Dazed and Still Dreaming for nominating me for the Awesome Blogger Award. Make sure to check out her amazing blog at the above link. And congratulations everyone! 🙂
Guys, I said there was one more award, and here it is. I’m so lucky and thankful to have been nominated for so many lately, and this time I was nominated by the lovely Hunida for The Awesome Blogger Award. Please be sure to check out her blog (here) if you haven’t already, she and I started blogging around the same time, and I almost feel like she’s my blogger sister as she’s stood by me since.
View original post 888 more words
Born in 1990 in the smallest county in Ireland, Louth, I was a surprise baby coming almost 21 years after my only sibling, my sister Sharon. But I was always very much loved despite the surprise. And in return I love my parents and sister very much. A lot of people say siblings with a big age difference can’t be close but me and my sister are incredibly close. As a family, me, mum, dad and Shar lived in a small town in Meath called Oldcastle with our dog who was like part of the family Cookie. In 2008, we lost my father after he died suddenly from heart trouble. It was a really terrible time. He was the kindest man you could meet: encouraging to me and my sister, a wonderful caring husband to my mum and someone who also told me and my sister that nothing or no…
View original post 692 more words
No matter where we are in the world, we can look up at our night sky and wish upon a star. A wish might require action to come true, but without the wishing process, we might not know what action to take.
This week, writers turned to wishes, crafting stories destined for the stars.
The following is based on the December 28, 2017 prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story about a wishing star.
“Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.”
Flash Fiction by Pensitivity
The meteor shower hit the East coast just before midnight.
Many witnessed thousands of ‘shooting stars’, and as such thousands of wishes were made.
The nursery rhyme is based on the first star seen, shooting or not.
Against the darkest velvet of night…
View original post 3,547 more words
Greetings, dear readers!
Today’s post is all about ‘what inspires YOU?’. It’s been 5 posts already in the series, and we had asked various bloggers to send in their entries as a guest blogger.
Our guest for today is,Lisa Reynolds, and she’s got an awesome blog named,Culture Vulture Express(A must visit!!). She’s a writer and poet, and has written 12 books, which are available on Amazon!! She’s quite passionate about equality, and probably that’s where we can think, that her inspiration lies. 😉
WHERE DOES YOUR INSPIRATION LAY?
It’s always inspiring
when someone’s heart
is filled with love and care,
when they might like me
though I’m different from them,
when they don’t put conditions on that
and find some excuse to dislike things about me
like religion, generation, etc …
Because deep down there’s no excuse,
they know it,
I know it
View original post 257 more words