Culture Vulture Express was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Alison from Ali’s Books. Thank you very much Alison. If you get the chance please do check out this amazing blog. 🙂
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is one book that you would recommend to anyone?
There is so many but my favourite book of all time is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde so I think I would go with that one.
2. What is a series whose next book you are eagerly awaiting?
Again there is quite a few but a lot of the books I want to read in series’ are out. It’s simply a case of so many books and so little time! Two series’ I like though are James J. Cudney’s two series’ Braxton Campus Mysteries and Perceptions of Glass.
3. Is there any author that you have read all of their published works?
No but I have read quite a lot of Agatha Christie’s work and my aim is that I will have read all of her books and work by the end of my life! 🙂
4. What is your favorite setting in a book that you’ve read?
I like a lot of the claustrophobic atmospheres which many mystery writers like Agatha Christie create. It really adds to the atmosphere of the story.
5. How long does it usually take you to finish reading a book?
It depends to be honest. Sometimes I am a very fast reader but other times not so much. It depends how much other stuff I have on at the time.
6. Do you prefer to binge read series or read the installments as they are published?
I tend to binge read when I get the chance and it can be a lot of fun.
7. Which fictional book character would you like to spend a day with? (in our world or theirs!)
I really like Giovanni in Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin. He has a fun side and a side that is deeper and more mysterious so he feels like a rounded person. I kind of want to be a good friend to him because he is going through a lot and David in my eyes is not helping him much.
8. In your opinion, who is the best book villain (from what you have read)?
I think the villain in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie is intriguing because we learn a lot about them and the way Agatha wrote it makes the character deeply intriguing.
9. Do you annotate your books?
I take lists to know what I have read until I get around to reviewing them. This is especially helpful when I am in a fast reading flow and haven’t got around to reviewing what I have been reading.
10. Ebook, audiobook, or physical copy?
Any of them. They all have their pros and cons but as long as it is an amazing story and I get to read it I don’t care how.
11. Best book to take on a road trip/any vacation?
Maybe something like a James Patterson novel because there is shorter chapters or a poetry book like one of Maya Angelou’s poetry books. That way you have very interesting reading and you can also leave the book easier after finishing a section if someone says it’s time for sightseeing or something. 🙂
All of you reading this, congrats! 🙂 Feel free to use the above questions. 🙂