Sarah Brentyn blogs at Lemon Shark and she has set a Flash Fiction Prompt to help everyone affected by the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Sarah is set to donate $1 to hurricane relief for every flash fiction story posted with a link to her blog. Writers, come on, let’s come together here and do something good. It won’t take much out of any of your times to help so come on, let’s get together and do it everyone! 🙂
1. Write a piece of flash fiction in 50 words or less with the theme: Help
(This can be any sort of assistance, support, encouragement, or a story of someone or something that needs help. You do not need to use the prompt word. Be creative! It can be 50 words, 15 words…even a six-word story. Anything goes provided it is prose up to 50 words. It doesn’t have to be sunshine and rainbows but keep it PG and friendly.)
2. Add a new post on your blog with your flash fiction and the hashtag #Flash4Storms in the title
3. Link to Sarah’s original post
4. Leave a comment here with a link to your post so I know you’ve participated
5. Help spread the word on social media with the hashtags:
Ok, here’s my flash fiction story:
Till Death Do Us Part
I’d proposed here. Now he was going to die here from cancer. At the seafront. In my arms.
“I love you Paul.”, I said, kissing him.
“I love you too Keith. You helped me through everything. Now you need to help yourself.”
He died. I cried helplessly into his chest.
Fellow writers, please help by writing your own piece if you have time. Thank you.